Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Emergency items for your vehicle

I think it is a good idea to have an emergency bag at all times in your vehicle.  I have been caught too many times without an extra set of clothes, extra wipes, sunscreen, bug spray, etc. that I now make sure that I have an emergency/essentials bag in my vehicle.  Most of the items can be used by anyone, so it isn't just necessary if you have children.

Here is what you will find in my emergency bag:
  • extra set of clothes for the kids
  • extra bib
  • extra pullups, underwear, diapers and wipes
  • a bottle of water
  • snacks for all the kids
  • sunscreen ( in season)
  • bug spray  (in season)
  • extra hair accessories
  • extra nuk
  • sweatshirts for the kids (in season)
Other items that I tend to have in my vehicle:
  • re-usable grocery bag
  • magazine/book
  • sunglasses
  • nail file/polish
  • umbrella
  • boots, hat, mittens (in season)
  • double stroller - if you have room just leave it in your car and you will always have it
  • a bag full of books, coloring books/markers and other items to entertain the kids when needed
It may seem like a lot of "extra" stuff to have in your vehicle but when organized and put into the right compartments, it won't make your vehicle look messy. If you ever need to use any of the emergency items, it will be worth it!

1 comment:

Wendy Irene said...

so SMART! I NEED to be better about this. I think I should email myself your list :-)

Post a Comment