Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ahh.... Yoga

I recently started practicing Yoga and I have to say  - I LOVE IT!!  I have been hearing about it for a few years and a lot of my friends have tried it but I just didn't think I would like it.  I am one that when I work out I really need to FEEL like I am working hard and I have to break a good sweat.  I don't have that much time to dedicate to it so it needs to be a really good workout.  Well, I have found that Yoga is just that.  I get an amazing FULL BODY workout!

I started a few months ago after a friend suggested the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD.  I borrowed it from her for a few weeks and then Santa brought me one in my stocking.  I love it!  It has 3 workouts that you can do individually or all together if you'd like.  Even just the first 20 minute session is a great workout.  The first time I did it, I FELT like I worked hard, I broke a GOOD SWEAT and I was a little SORE the next day - all good signs that you pushed your body and worked hard!

I just started to take organized Yoga classes from a friend of mine that just became a certified teacher and I love this even more.  It gets me out of the house to a studio for a little over an hour of just time to concentrate on me and my workout.  We have only had 2 classes so far but each time I feel that 'good workout' feeling after and the next day.

I highly suggest Yoga to everyone.  I feel stronger, have more muscle definition and more flexibility.  I think it will help me in the long run with my running as well.

  • Here is some good Yoga information from Women's Health
  • I have also found a TV station that carries a variety or workouts, but mostly in the Yoga realm.  It is BYUTV.  Not sure if all of you can get it but I know Dish Network carries it with one of their more standard packages.
If any of you have tried other Yoga DVDs I would love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment