Monday, February 1, 2010

Make Plans

I heard a saying lately, "Failure to plan is planning to fail."  (not sure who said it or where I saw it)  I agree with this statement.  It can apply to many aspects of your life.  For me, it rings true when planning meals.  If I don't plan out what we are going to eat, then we just throw something together quick, which is most cases, is not very healthy at all.  I have an image below of a meal plan that I use for a meal plan for our family.  I normally do them on Sunday night. I plan out the full week and then do any grocery shopping I need to on Sunday or Monday. It is a good way to go through your fridge, freezer and pantry to use up items that have been in there a while that you may have forgotten about. 

I enter ideas for meals at the bottom of the template so that I can use them to help me think of things.  If you need more ideas, the Kraft Foods website and magazine are great.  You could email a few friends and have them all share 5 dinners that they prepare and that will easily up your listing.   I have also used our school lunch menu to get ideas.

This plan is a template from word that I changed just a bit.  They have many to choose from.  If you would like to use mine and change for your family, just send me an email and I will send it to you.  I also use the word calendar templates for many other things; workout schedules, daily activity schedules for the girls, chore charts, calendars for my scrapbooks, etc.  They really have many possibilities.  There is something about writing things down and seeing them on a calendar that makes you stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment