Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cereal for Supper? (or Dinner, whatever you call it)

I admit it, we have cereal for supper sometimes.  Well actually, probably once a week.  I know, I was just telling you how I plan out our meals so that we eat healthy.  However, eating cereal can be healthy, it is so much fun for the kids and they eat ALL of their food!(without being asked multiple times)  They really love cereal night and we usually "plan" to do it once a week. 

Our son plays hockey and we have to get him to practice twice a week by 5:30.  This doesn't leave much time to enjoy a nice family dinner, but we still try to sit down and eat together. A family dinner on some nights just consists of something quick with very little clean up.  I would like to say that they eat the healthy no sugar cereal, but they don't.  And, I am not ashamed of it.  There are a lot of worse things that they could be eating than a nice big bowl of cereal with milk (which I make them drink out afterwards, so we don't waste it.) 

So, next time you are in a pinch for supper/dinner, suggest to your kids that you have cereal night - I bet they will be thrilled!!

2 comments:

Wendy (Give Love Create Happiness) said...

That is a fantastic idea for those super busy nights. I love the little clean up as well. Cereal is a healthier option than most fast foods and you are still sitting together for a few minutes as a family.

Anonymous said...

We do this too. I love it. In fact, we did this tonight. And so far Carson doesn't like the sugary cereals. We usually only have corn flakes, rice krispies, and cheerios in the house...and my recent favorites are Low Fat Granola without raisins and Banana Nut Granola.

Post a Comment