Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ideas for Lent

It is officially lent and we are ready!  We filled a white board on Tuesday night with things we are going to give up as well as something we are going to work on during lent.  As a family we decided to give up pop, even though the kids hardly ever have it.  It was a good thing for everyone to do.  I decided to give up both chips and pop as they are my weakness!  It will be hard, but that is the point, right?  Plus, maybe it will help me shred these 15 pounds I really want to lose! 

During lent it is sometimes hard to think of things to make on fridays with no meat.  Here are a few ideas to help make meal planning a little easier:
  • Grilled cheese and tomato soup
  • Alfredo with broccoli
  • Cheese raviolli
  • Cheese enchiladas
  • Cheese pizza
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Cereal
  • Veggie Soup
  • Fish  - so many options here!
  • Tuna Casserole
  • Tuna sandwiches
  • Meatless spaghetti, salad and garlic toast
  • Pancakes/French Toast
  • Noodles w/Veggies (variety of sauces to pick from)
  • Egg Pizza, Omelets, etc.
  • Egg salad sandwiches
If you have any good lenten recipes or ideas, please share!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I also gave up pop for Lent. . .man, it's tough. I also gave up ice cream. It is partially in observance for Lent and partially an experiment in lactose intolerance since I have been having stomach issues with ice cream in the past 6 months. I feel tons better and actually have lost 4 lbs since Ash Wednesday. Yeah! :)

Post a Comment