Friday, April 30, 2010

Plastic placemat ideas

I can't resist buying items that can be used in MANY ways and my plastic placemats are just one example.  I picked up a few placemats about a year ago to use on the table when the girls were coloring, but I have found so many more uses for them.

Here are a few:
  • Cutting Boards - They are so easy to store and clean and they are thick enough to use for cutting.
  • White boards - The mats I have are mostly clear with a little design on them and they can write on them, color, etc, and I can just wipe it off.
  • Craft mats - We do most of our coloring, painting, playdoh, etc. on the mats to reduce the cleanup on the table/counter
  • Actual Placemats - For eating/snacking - there is something that makes using a placemat to eat so much more fun for a young child.
  • Baking mats
  • Play Kitchen/House - The girls use them in their play kitchen as well as when they are playing "babies"

If you are looking for a good disposable placemat for when you are in a public place, my sister has used these and they are really neat.  They adhere on all sides so your toddler won't be able to pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment